Inaccurate information in property listings is a deal breaker for many salespeople when it comes to promoting listings from other agents to their clients, or advertising them on their website.
Make sure your agency stands out because your listings contain:
- Complete and correct property details
- Give the correct location and not the more desirable location nearby. Ensure the property sizes and other details are correct.
- Be sure that the property characteristics accurately describe the property for sale, eg: don’t select “beachfront” when it is “close to beach”, instead of making the property more desirable, it will turn into an embarrassment at the time of viewing. Give thought to the characteristics you select as they can be used as search criteria.
- Top quality photographs
- We can’t stress how important this is, your photos are the very first opportunity to attract a person to view the property; so screenshots from a website, or hastily taken mobile shots just don’t make the grade.
- Well-written property descriptions
- Keep your description brief but interesting. Long rambling descriptions, apart from not fitting on many window cards, could make the reader feel they don’t need to view the property; make them want to see it!
- Important tip: spelling and grammar-check are your best friends!
These are the bench-marks of a professional property listing and will help you get more interest in your portfolio.